One of the most embarrassing moments for people is to wait so long to a wear a favorite dress for a ceremony, only to realize they can’t fit into the dress due to the presence of love handles on their waist. Celebs and brides use this workout so they can look gorgeous in their slinky dresses! You should try these three moves for your obliques, too! It's known as the best decision in fighting annoying love handles.
Losing this love handles requires a training routine, with a lot of intensity to touch those unwanted fats around the waist. Complete four rounds. If you are a beginner, do each exercise for 60-90 seconds. Combine slow motions with high-intensity. Gradually, you will notice how your waist appears, and that's the best reward for your efforts ever.
#1 Bicycle Crunches
- Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground (pull your navel in to also target your deep abs).
- Put your hands behind your head, then bring your knees in towards your chest and lift your shoulder blades off the ground, but be sure not to pull on your neck.
- Straighten your right leg out to about a 45-degree angle to the ground while turning your upper body to the left, bringing your right elbow towards the left knee. Make sure your rib cage is moving and not just your elbows.
- Now switch sides and do the same motion on the other side to complete one rep.
#2 Side Stretch
- Sit in a sturdy chair with your feet flat on the floor or stand with feet hip width apart. Lean forward slightly to keep from "hunching" your back and shoulders.
- Keep your hips, shoulders, and ears in a straight up-and-down line. Raise your right arm overhead and bend your upper body to the left in a reaching motion. Keep your upper body facing straight ahead—don't twist it to the side as you bend.
- Make sure you feel the muscles gently stretch all along your side from your lower back up to your shoulder. Hold the stretch for 20 seconds. Return to the starting position. Repeat the stretch 2 times.
- Switch sides and do the stretch in the opposite direction. Repeat twice.
#3 Side Bridge Hip Abduction
- Lie on side with legs straight, one leg on top of the other. Place forearm under shoulder perpendicular to body.
- Keeping side of bottom foot on ground, raise hips up off ground while raising upper leg upward away from lower leg.
- Return to original position and repeat. Continue with opposite leg.
#4 Side Plank
- Lie on your right side with your legs straight.
- Prop yourself up with your right forearm so your body forms a diagonal line.
- Rest your left hand on your hip.
- Brace your abs and hold for 60 seconds. If you can't make it to 60 seconds, hold for 5 to 10 seconds and rest for 5; continue for 1 minute.
- Be sure your hips and knees stay off the floor.
#5 Oblique V-Up
- Take the V-sit and put it on its side to target the obliques; you're going to love this variation.
- Lie on your right side, with your left hand behind your head and your right hand on the floor.
- Press down into your right hand as you raise your straight legs off the floor, bringing your torso toward your legs.
- Lower yourself back to the floor with control. This completes one rep.
#6 Pilates Hip Circles
- Begin in a seated position with your legs extended in front and hands placed behind your hips with fingertips facing away from your body.
- Extend your legs out at a 45 degree angle to your body.
- On an inhale, circle your legs down and around to the right. Exhale at the bottom of the circle and continue through the circle to the left.
- Complete a few circles one way before your reverse directions.
#7 Side Plank With Rotation
- Lie on your left side on the mat and position your elbow directly under your right shoulder. Stack together your legs, knees, ankles and feet. Tighten abs.
- Push your right elbow against the floor as you lift up your glutes and hips off the floor until left shoulder, left hip, and left foot are in a straight line. Reach up with your right hand and extend.
- Rotate your torso downwards and reach under your body with your left arm. Rotate back to the side plank with arm up (Step 2) and repeat for 10-12 times before switching sides.
#8 Russian Twists
- Sit on the ground with your knees bent and your heels about a foot from your butt.
- Lean slightly back without rounding your spine at all. It is really important, and difficult, to keep your back straight, but don't let it curve.
- Place your arms straight out in front of you with your hands one on top of the other. Your hands should be level with the bottom of your ribcage.
- Pull your navel to your spine and twist slowly to the left. The movement is not large and comes from the ribs rotating, not from your arms swinging. Inhale through center and rotate to the right.
The BetterMe Team is by your side throughout your fitness journey! Stay motivated and you can achieve your goals. If you are struggling with your motivation have a look at one of our many articles for inspiration.
Help us support and motivate those you love by sharing this article with them and let us know what you think in the comments below.